2015 Law Firm Leadership Program
A seven-session CLE program.
19 CLE credits applied for this program (including 2 Elimination of Bias credits).
This program is for lawyers, 10 or more years in practice, who are looking to advance toward broader firm leadership roles.
The most comprehensive law firm leadership program offered in the Minnesota region, it has been created to prepare lawyers to lead in a time of great change within the legal profession and in the context of the unique challenges facing our local legal community.
Developed by the Hennepin County Bar Association, the seven-session series is designed to equip you with the skills and broader context and knowledge needed to succeed in leading practice groups, heading committees, and serving in other key firm leadership roles.
You’ll learn from a combination of local and national speakers, including gaining insights from named partners of major local firms, context from national experts in the business of law, tools and techniques from leadership development specialists, and knowledge from prominent lawyers who have lived and learned from their roles as law firm leaders.
By the end of the program, you will have a strong understanding of:
- What’s unique about leading lawyers and law firms
- The personal leadership skills that make the difference
- Exercising patience and intentionality under pressure
- Balancing the demands of your practice and firm leadership roles
- Developing and working your personal leadership development plan
- What matters most in managing and maximizing human capital
- The processes, patterns and cultural norms that derail inclusion on the path to making partner
- What works in fostering inclusion, professional development and sponsorship of diverse talent
- Transition management and succession planning
- Firm culture and cohesion
- Employment law essentials
- Conflict resolution techniques and principles
- Economics and finance fundamentals for law firm management
- Business development in a firm-wide context
- Key leadership challenges faced in mergers and reorganizations
- The issues shaping the future of law firm leadership
Payment does not need to accompany registration. To be invoiced for the program, please call 612-752-6600 to register.
PROGRAM SCHEDULE: The program includes 7 sessions. Sessions take place every other Thursday afternoon, between February 26 and May 21. Each session runs from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the HCBA office.
Session 1: February 26
Session 2: March 12
Session 3: March 26
Session 4: April 9
Session 5: April 23
Session 6: May 7
Session 7: May 21
Jeanette M. Bazis
Greene Espel PLLP
Dorsey & Whitney LLP
Annamarie A. Daley
Barnes & Thornburg LLP
Briggs and Morgan
David W. Jamieson,
& Department Chair
Organization Learning and Development
University of St. Thomas
Jim Jensen, FSA
Financial Officer, Senior Vice President
Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP
John M. Koneck
Fredrikson & Byron, P.A.
Eric J. Magnuson
Former Chief Justice, Minnesota Supreme Court
Robins Kaplan LLP
The Marron Alliance, LLC
Chief Talent Officer
Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
Mary S. Ranum
Chair, Board of Directors
Fredrikson & Byron, P.A.
Joel A. Rose
Joel A. Rose &
Lowell V. Stortz
Stinson Leonard Street LLP
View/Print PDF flyer.