1.0 CLE credit applied for this program.
Presented by the Bar Association of San Francisco.
Topics that will be covered
• Julie Ahrens, Stanford Fair Use Project, "Google Books and the Evolution of Fair Use"
• Scott Andrews, eBay Inc., "The Future of Digital Goods’ Resale: ReDigi, UsedSoft and the First Sale Doctrine'
• Jocelyn Belloni, K&L Gates LLP, "Should Copyright Law’s Transformative Use Test Apply to Right of Publicity Cases?"
Jonathan Blavin, Munger Tolles & Olson LLP, "Does Technical
Architecture Matter? Cablevision, Aereo, and the Public Performance
Right in the Cloud"
• Caleb Donaldson, Google, Inc., "Takedown or Shakedown: Misrepresentations under DMCA Section 512(f)"
• Frank Goldberg, Zynga Inc., "Copyright Trends in the Video Game Space"
• Deepak Gupta, Farella Braun + Martel LLP, "Seeking Any Port in a Storm: The DMCA Safe Harbor"
• Sebastian Kaplan, Fenwick & West LLP, "Can Copyright Control User-Directed Copying Technologies Like Hopper and Aereo?"
• Shannon King, Chevron Corporation, "Pragmatic International Copyright Practices for Global Companies"
• Chris Lockard, The Clorox Company, "Poses, Bats and Copycats: Recent Decisions on What is Copyrightable"
This program is online only. Registrations must be done through InReach.