Webcast: The Ins, Outs, and Ethics of Collecting Fees from Clients - 2014
Friday, June 27
3.0 CLE (Ethics) credits applied for this program.
Collecting fees from clients: Techniques for ethically
getting clients to pay their bills, including:
- Best practices regarding what provisions in retainer
agreements are ethical and help ensure payments by clients,
- What collection tools may ethically be used to recover
unpaid fees, and
- When it is appropriate to sue former clients for fees.
Attorney Liens: Explanation of the ins and outs of using
statutory attorney liens to collect fees from clients.
Have I Got a Deal for You! The Ethics of Flat Fee
Arrangements: Bloggers, pundits, and trend-watchers all herald flat fees as the
future of selling legal services. But ethical pitfalls await those who do not
properly charge such fees. This session will focus on how to implement flat-fee
pricing without running afoul of the ethics rules, including the changes to
Rule 1.5(b) that took effect on July 1, 2011.
Trust Account Questions Answered: Through a series of short
hypotheticals, the ethics rules will be applied to common trust account
- Eric Cooperstein, Law Office of Eric T Cooperstein PLLC
- Paul Floyd, Wallen Friedman & Floyd PA
- George Warner, Warner Law LLC
This program is done online. Registrations must be done through InReach.
« Go to Upcoming Event List