Webcast: Bias in the Courtroom: Juror Perceptions of Gender
Thursday, June 26
2.0 CLE (Elimination of Bias) credits applied for this program.
Juror biases can play a role in any case on many levels. Being aware and adjusting for these biases can make a case. In this CLE we seek to answer the taboo questions of:
- How do jurors see women in the courtroom?
- Are they viewed as equal to their male counterparts?
- How you can identify a biased juror?
- How can women litigators best present a case so any biased jurors concentrate on the evidence and not the presenter?
Our program will include a panel discussion featuring top woman litigators and a judge, all of whom are also past HCBA presidents! Hear about their experiences and the unfortunate reality of bias in the courtroom. Get real advice to help you overcome juror bias that could impact your case.
- Johanna Carrane, Vice President and Senior Trial Consultant
- Christina Ouska, Trial Consultant with JuryScope, Inc.
- Hon. Mary R. Vasaly, Fourth Judicial District
- Sonia Miller-Van Oort, Sapientia Law Group
- Courtney Ward-Reichard, Nilan Johnson Lewis
This program is done online. Registrations must be done through InReach.
« Go to Upcoming Event List