Print Page | Sign In | Join HCBA
How Lawyer Referral Works
Share |


Let the Hennepin County Bar Association help you find the attorney or legal assistance that you need. It's the right call for the right lawyer.

The Lawyer Referral and Information Service is designed to connect persons who have legal concerns to one of over 200 private attorneys practicing in over 50 areas of law.

You can contact Lawyer Referral with confidence. Our service meets the high standards of the American Bar Association, and all participating attorneys are appropriately insured and in good standing with the Minnesota Lawyers Board.  Most have at least ten years of experience; many have more then twenty.

Referrals can be made by calling 612-752-6666 during regular business hours:
Monday to Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Our experienced referral counselors can help you find the most appropriate attorney or other assistance for your issue.

Referral staff can provide general information about the legal process and the local legal community.  Referral counselors are not attorneys; however, they can help you focus on the legal issues you're facing and determine the area of law in which you need assistance.

If you choose to meet with an attorney, referral counselors can set up a 30-minute consultation, often for the next business day.

Lawyer Referral charges a $30 administrative fee to maintain this service. (This fee is waived for injury cases: Personal Injury, Product Liability, Medical or Legal Malpractice, Social Security Disability, and Workers' Compensation.) There is no additional charge by the attorney for the initial consultation.

During the initial 30-minute consultation with the attorney, you can discuss your legal matter.  Attorneys can address the issues involved, the options available to you, and what they would charge to assist you with that matter. You are under no obligation to hire this attorney for additional legal work.

Following the consultation, if you choose to hire the attorney, all fees are negotiated between you and the attorney.


Call the Lawyer Referral and Information Service now.