Your Connection to:
The Fourth District Bench
New Clients and Contacts
Practice Management Resources
Community Outreach and Pro Bono
- FREE 1.0 CLE Committee- and Section-sponsored CLE seminars at the HCBA office. 80 lunch hour programs are planned for the year. Plus, receive discounts on most other CLE programs and events.
And there’s no additional charge for HCBA Section membership.
- Plug in to networking opportunities for every stage of your career.
- Events and happy hours connect you with attorneys (from within and outside your areas of practice), members of the bench, and others in the legal community. Expand your contacts and referral networks.
- Practice development and training programs, interactive CLE, and webcasts provide the educational resources that you are looking for.
- Gain management and leadership experience through committee work and HCBA projects and initiatives. These include diversity initiatives, programs that support professionalism, and projects that improve access to justice.
- Members interact with the Fourth District Court Bench through programs, social events, training, and advocacy efforts.
- HCBA’s Lawyer Referral & Information Service provides an affordable way to find new pre-screened clients and market your practice. The service meets the high-standards of the ABA.
- The Hennepin County Bar Foundation promotes equal access to justice for the people of Hennepin County.
- Volunteer Lawyers Network (the pro bono arm of the HCBA) provides a wide range of opportunities for pro bono service.
- Member clubs let you connect to attorneys with shared interests (such as biking, photography, and yoga). If you have an idea for an new club, let us know.
- The Hennepin Lawyer magazine features insightful articles on substantive legal issues and the practice of law, profiles of the bar and bench, and spotlights on members, events, and association activities.
- Legal education and outreach to the community include an attorney speakers bureau, programs and resources for teens and teachers.
- The HCBA’s weekly e-news provides you with updates and an events calendar so that you will always be tuned in to what’s happening in the local legal community.
- The HCBA website provides even more opportunities for you to build connections and maximize your membership. Create your own networking groups, start a blog, update your profile page, and more.
The HCBA supports local lawyers' desire to:
Stay up-to-date on the latest developments in the law
- The bimonthly Hennepin Lawyer magazine is the official publication of the HCBA. A subscription to the publication is
included with membership.
Exhibit and support exemplary ethics and professionalism
Grow the diversity and inclusiveness of the profession
Share and learn insights on the law and the world of lawyering
Explore new career possibilities, office space listings, and items for sale
Gain pre-screened clients